Drupal customization, Drupal application development, Drupal development and Drupal integration are a lot more like cooking. Mostly, it all starts with the basic same ingredients and usually follows common recipes. However, where one ends up as a final product matters a great deal on the techniques, tools and the secret recipe you work with.
Below is a list of some of the Drupal development, Drupal customization, Drupal integration and Drupal application development tools that help develop, manage and maintain a Drupal site.
1. Admin role – is more for those developers of Drupal 5 to 6 websites. It lets you grant a certain user use all permissions available. The functionality of the Admin role has been incorporated into the Drupal core.
2. Drush – a scripting interface and command line shell for Drupal. It is designed to make life easier for people who want to spend some working hours hacking at command prompt. It allows you to download, install or uninstall and update modules right from the command line.
3. Devel – is a handy suite of modules that were made specifically to help developers. It is perfect for analyzing and debugging a Drupal website.
4. Coder – Performs more than improving the code style. It also aids in enforcing Drupal best practices on each line of code you write. It helps to find obvious security issues fast, enforce comment completeness and identify PHP warnings.
5. SVN Version Control – allows managing projects effectively with numerous developers and lets you incorporate external developers to the client process. SVN is comparatively simple and is more familiar to developers and clients.
6. DrupalContrib.org – is how Drupal is customized and extended. It is made of 8292 modules written by a community and shared under the GNU Public License as Drupal.
Click here for more information about drupal Modules
Drupal customization, Drupal development, Drupal integration and Drupal application development being an open sourced means the code utilized to run the platform could be modified, copied and shared with others. Anyone who has the skill could download and use the code and do whatever changes he or she needs and then sends these changes to others or could even contribute the changes back to the platform for other people to share and use. There are numerous advantages to the open source model of the software development. Some of the advantages using Drupal are as follows: It is free to use and download; no licensing fees required and have no proprietary ‘black box’. Moreover, it also has a community of developers who can help.
The open source of Drupal gives users a great degree of flexibility for sharing, modifying and distributing content. The platform is more than a CMS; it is also Software as a Service solution that is great for small business and also scalable for any big enterprise. Stay ahead through Drupal development and benefit from the ever-evolving community platform that lets millions of contributors to constantly update it. Drupal is updated every second somewhere in the world. It is driven by people who care about how it operates and its functions instead of how it is marketed.